A simple slideshow-script, started onload or by link, the transition is fading, once started, the script runs nonstop.
The script works thinkable easy. The given pictures lie one upon the other in a DIV-container. The "one upon the other" is realized by the use of the z-index. Whilst sliding through the pictures the topmost picture is faded out and then - as in a pack of cards - put to the bottom of the deck. That´s all.
Installation and Configuration:
The integration into the webpage and the configuration of the parameteres is illustrated in detail on the following three sample pages:
Slideshow Sample 01 - just one slideshow, standard configuration
Slideshow Sample 02 - different pages with one slideshow each, one scriptfile
Slideshow Sample 03 - multiple slideshows one one page, one scriptfile
Notice: The Samples are built on top of each other.
Sample of two slideshows on one page (shown inside an inline-frame):
Notice: Internet Explorer refuses to center smaller images vertically, other browsers do it.
The script is licensed under the GNU Public License (www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html).
update Version: 20100412
- solves the problem that Internet Explorer shows white spots on black (#000) part of the image
- fixes an error, caused by an undeclared variable when having activated "shuffle"
- rewrite based on the corresponding Joomla-plugin
- multiple slideshows on one page
- multiple slideshows on different pages using one scriptfile
- optional control elements
- optional shuffle
- absolute positioning is no more required
- License for further Releases GNU/GPL
The ZIP-archive contains a demo-page. By downloading it you agree to the terms of the GNU Public License.