The bretteleben.de "Simple Picture Slideshow" Plugin for Joomla!2.5 and Joomla!3.1 is a - as the name says - simple plugin to display a slideshow in content items. The images get faded out, this effect works with current major browsers. You decide if the slideshow starts automatically on pageload or is started by clicking a link/button in the content item.
- supports .jpg, .png und .gif
- can be aligned in your content item left, right, centered, float left or float right
- as many slideshows per content item as you want
- every slideshow can be configured individually (Parameter Overrides)
- optional show title and/or text with every single picture (Captions)
- optional show default title/text for the whole slideshow
- optional link every single image to a different target (Links)
- optional use a default link for the whole slideshow
- option to start on pageload or click
- optional control elements (start, stop, back next, counter)
- activate/deactivate and align (left/right) every single control element
- choose between text-links and buttons as controls
New in Version 1.5.8:
- language files
- available for Joomla!3.1
Installation and Usage
A step by step tutorial on installation and usage can be found at Howto Plugin .
The possibilities the code inside the article offers can be found at Howto Plugin Code .
Notice before update:
If you have modified the style sheet besps.css, save it before update, it gets overwritten.
The feature to load images after pageload works in a fire&forget-mode, will say, when showing the picture, the script does not check, if the dummy has already been replaced with the real picture. This will be one point to work with for future releases.
The plugin is tested successful with Joomla 2.5 and 3.1. Anyway, using it aside with one or another existing plugin/modul/component may bring to light problems i haven't foreseen. I suggest a test run before using it on a live site and stand by for your questions and suggestions.
The plugin is licensed under the GNU Public License (www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html).
update Version Joomla!2.5 and 3.1: 1.5.8
- available for Joomla!3.x
- language files
If you have questions or suggestions, please use the comment-function. Please include the installed Joomla! version and if you have problems - if any possible - the affected page in your comment.
If you need additional features or customizations for your project that exceed the scope of support offered through the comments, you are invited to submit your requirements specification and the planned budget by email (menu item "Contact" in the menu at the top).
The ZIP-archive contains the plugin, by downloading it you agree to the terms of the GNU Public License. The ZIP-Archive can be used for both, upgrade and fresh installation. Please choose the file that fits your Joomla! installation. _J2.5 for Joomla! 2.5.x and _J3.1 for Joomla! 3.x
J!2.5.x - plg_simplepictureslideshow_v1.5.8_J2.5.zip Downloads: 22.593
J!3.1.x - plg_simplepictureslideshow_v1.5.8_J3.1.zip Downloads: 16.472
If you use this extensions, please post a rating and a review at extensions.joomla.org.